Saturday, May 16, 2009

Montana Is So Awesome. I Will Return Home Someday

I could list all of the reasons why Montana is extremely awesome- but that would take too long and no one would get it except for my dear Montanan friends. So, instead, I will leave you with one completely awesome statement.

Scott and I were watching this Glenn Beck civil discussion about the Montana-Made Gun Bill. Basically the bill aims to exempt firearms, weapons, components and ammunition made in Montana and kept in Montana from federal gun laws. They were also discussing that Montanans would not require a background check when purchasing a firearm. Glenn Beck seemed a bit baffeled by this and stated that maybe a background check would be a good idea. Then he goes off on this story about how he was at some gun shop on the east coast and when a lady was asked which gun she would like, she stated, "I don't know. Is there a pink one?" Glenn laughed and stated that people like her shouldn't be able to have a gun and wanted to know what the Montana representatives thought about that.

To that statement, the representatives said, "We don't have people like that in Montana."

And I laughed because it is true.

God bless you, fellow Montanans.

No comments:

Post a Comment